Impact Resistant Shielding Blankets & Tarps
TotalShield’s impact resistant blankets and tarps are designed and fabricated with ballistic resistant inner-layers encased in protective outer-layers to capture high velocity shrapnel and contain a range of blast including, but not limited to, gases or water jets. They can be used as protective shields, test apparatus covers, and pressure vessel test covers. Our blast and impact resistant blankets and tarps offer an economical alternative to rigid shielding options.
Typical industry applications include:
- New product development and testing.
- avoiding high cost of new facilities or facility changes for hazardous testing.
- Impact protection in constrained spaces
- providing a flexible high impact and blast blanket shield that is removable after each test and easily folded to store when not in use.
- Covering complex geometric assemblies during test
- can be designed in a wide range of sizes or shapes, impact resistant capabilities, and blast containment levels.
- Pressure testing vessels and equipment